Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Chicks Dig Giant Robots

So I was laying down the other day thinking of things I could shoot around my house when suddenly it hit me; there was a box of old toys just laying there in my garage! I woke up early the next morning grabbed that box and headed outside.

Have you ever watched that anime show Gundam Wing? Well yeah I used to be crazy about that show. I used to have a collection of Gundam action figures that apparently I never got rid of. Unfortunately each one of those little toys came with about 30 pieces each. It took me an hour just to dig through the box of arms and legs to find each individual piece missing. In the end I came up with these four bad-ass robots, and a few other surprises that I thought came out quite funny.


I was kinda disappointment because I had such cool Gundams yet I could only find half of their body's. There was one battle-scarred Gundam I had that I was really looking forward to shooting, but I only found his head, one of his arms......... and his left foot. 
 But on the bright side I did find Batman and Robin, and at the very bottom of the pile was Clark Kent himself. They turned out to be the highlight of this shoot!


 Ch-Check em out:


Haha, this one gets to me. If only I would've added captions ==========>


 




 I also found a few micro machines and planes and whatnot. With this shoot I really tried to use some of the built-in effects that comes with the T3i. In these (and with most of the pic's of Gundams) I used the macro effect. I was hoping that I could make something really small seem kinda big. But I think they came out good anyway.


 


 
















 This one's pretty funny too. 
"Skateboarding Batman"
Hey who knows maybe Batman does like to skateboard when he's not punching the crap out of badguys and doing crazy Batman stuff.








 

  

And of course the motorcycle. I like this one a lot because at first glance you can't really tell it's a toy motorcycle. Sure it's a little banged up but I love it. And that's mostly because I have an extreme love for motorcycles.












 Here's the rest of the goods: 
 http://www.flickr.com/photos/76283707@N05/sets/72157629325360775/


                                                                                                                      
 
Batman Says Bye!



No comments:

Post a Comment