Thursday, April 12, 2012

French Quarter Photography

It's been a while since my last post. In fact it's been more than a while. Been kind of busy lately and.....hmm seems like I've typed this before.


Alright here's the deal; I've been so busy learning basics of this stuff that I haven't had much time to post here. But I do have plenty of photographs to share. And I think I've reached the next level with this stuff.

That level being acceptance in the photographers community. Yes lately I've been snooping around certain photography forums looking to see if my photo's are any good. 
From the few I posted (none of which are on here yet) they didn't like it.

Or should I say the one guy who commented on it didn't like them. But I could care less. In fact it's motivated me even more to learn and perfect this art. And once this art is perfected then I can better perfect the art of filming.



Ugh look at me ranting like a crazed woman. Back to the shoot.

Alright this was one of those days where you have a camera in your hand, you're ready to go, you're about to make greatness. When suddenly your being pulled from your beautiful art by your fellow travelers; urging you to look at the vasts amounts of jewelry and purses in which you are tempted to take pictures of but you can't. You can't because of the sellers greedy opposition to photographing his worthless items in hopes of deterring people from stealing his crappy designs.

You may be thinking "what the heck is he talking about?". Well what I am talking about is the vast majority of signs and hecklers urging you not to take photographs. You see there are many shops and artists down in the quarter and many of them simply don't want you taking pictures at or around their special little items. I understand not taking pictures of artwork but how are you going to tell me something about taking pictures of your jewelry when the camera's not even pointed at it?

I may just be blowing things out of proportion, or maybe it's because I enjoy these long drawn out posts. But come on!

I didn't really have much time for photography either. I did a few point and shoots here and there and my camera was set to auto most of the time. This seems like the perfect time to announce that none of my pictures will be taken using the auto function from now on.

Yes that's right, just about every shot I've taken so far has been on the automatic setting. *Booo, you suck. Go learn manual you NOOB!*
Ok, ok, jeeze I'm sorry don't go getting all troll on me.

Being kind of time restricted for each shot I just snapped away really. Of course I made the composition and framing as correct as possible and I always shot in good light. So at least I did something right.



Anyway to wrap things up (wow this is a long one) New Orleans is a beautiful city with plenty of photography opportunities. And I can guarantee that this won't be my last visit. We will meet again Big Easy!!!

I strongly recommend that you go take some pictures if your in the area. 





  Here's a challenge for you. If you ever go to the aquarium in New Orleans you'll see a bunch of names in the ground. See if you can find mine. Hint: it's in 5u. Come post a comment if you found it or you have a name there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment