Saturday, March 10, 2012

Failed Project

So I've always had this idea that you can give life and realism to lifeless objects simply by drawing a face on them. I tested this little experiment in my kitchen the other day and it's safe to say that I did not get the results I wanted. 
Imagine opening your fridge only to have your milk smiling at you, your juice being grumpy because you turned on the light, or the carton of eggs that just want to get your attention. By drawing on these objects it gives them character, it gives them personality and it opens up your imagination and creativity. I think that's one of the most important things in such creative professions. Your ability to imaging and create and think outside the box. Stray away from what everyone else is doing and create your own worlds.



 This little project for me was an unfortunate failure, I couldn't find my sharpie marker so  I had to improvise with a kids crayola marker; which couldn't mark deep enough to get good contrast. And probably worst of all I couldn't fit into the dang refrigerator. The door didn't open quite enough so I couldn't position myself properly to get the shot. I has to squeeze one hand in there one at a time.
But all in all I think you find success in failure. Just because something didn't work out the way you wanted it doesn't mean you didn't learn anything. I learned to lose some weight because I'm a God Damn Fatty. lol jk LSHMSFOAIDMT - look up what that means.



Anyway I happened to finish my Fig Rig from that last post, and unlike this project it came out to be quite professional looking. I am quite happy with the results. I'm looking forward to shooting my first video with it. But I'm also quite nervous.




Juice says: "you better watch yo back Mother F****ER"
Dang that guys an ass.




No comments:

Post a Comment