Monday, March 5, 2012

Getting Into Film

Alright it's been about two weeks since I posted here. I've been pretty busy lately and haven't been able to do much photography. That, coupled with the fact that it's been raining on every one of my days off. So yeah I haven't been able to shoot much lately. 
But I have been working on a few things for my camera. When I'm not out photographing I'm stuck at home on my computer; learning as much as possible about film and photos. This week I happened to start my diy fig rig build and I must say that I am quite satisfied at how it came out. It's not finished just yet, I still have some minor tweaks to make on the parts. Can't have the thing falling apart on me while I try to shoot a video. 
Speaking of which, these two weeks away from photography have led me to focus on the film aspect of things. Certain things like shooting and editing video. I've also been quite into building a glidecam system for my camera; which is proving troublesome. It'd be complete by now if the parts I ordered for it would come in. But I feel like I'm coming closer and closer to shooting some videos. 
Film has pretty much engulfed my life right now. I spend all my free time just learning and watching as many tutorials as possible. I study every article written and every movie on TV. Even as I type this I'm watching Rush Hour 2, while at the same time examining every fight scene every car chase and every camera angle. Just contemplating and wondering how each shot was achieved.
I only hope to one day be able to make movies like this on my own.


On a side note, the rookie mistake for this week is: REMEMBER YOUR MEMORY CARD.
Last Saturday I took a trip to the aquarium here in New Orleans. Just when I was beginning to shoot my camera flashed an alert sign to me. NO CARD!
So I spent the whole day staring at the fishies and bumping into little kids. Those little bastards were everywhere; it was like we chose the busiest day of the year to go.
It would have been a nightmare trying to get any sort of decent shot with so many kids running around. Anyway this won't be the last encounter I have with the aquarium. I'll be back!


Here's what my unfinished fig rig looks like:




I need to re-cut the PVC pipes in order to get it all to fit properly. And the screw leading into my camera is just a little off to the side. I need to pick up some PVC cutters and fix the design. Then I'll paint it black and add the grips. More to come soon. If you're digging the superman why don't you go ahead and follow me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment